Friday, July 22, 2011

Sue me...

Things that have been on my mind that I would like to share:

1. I am so incredibly exhausted by the amount of older people saying to me "You are so young! You have so much time to live your life and have so many experiences before you settle down and get married. You can travel and have fun" blah, blah, blah... Yes, I am young and have plenty of time. However, this does not stop me from wanting to be married. Nor does it stop me from being a little bit sad/bitter when everyone around me is getting married or having children. Also, have you ever thought that maybe I want to travel and have fun with someone by my side? I would certainly rather go on a trip to Europe with someone than alone. So please, I know you mean well by saying these things, but stop saying them to me. Tell them to another girl who doesn't want to get married until later in life. As for me, I'm sick of it.

2. School. I am sick of my classes and just feeling really unmotivated. Thankfully, there are only two more weeks left in the semester. Hallelujah!

3. pinterest.com. Seriously! Best website ever invented. Trust me.

4.I have a tendency to talk to my ex-boyfriends a little more than I should. Yes, I am aware that I shouldn't talk to them or invite them to hang out, but I do it anyway. And yes, I know that this goes against all of the advice any parent, sibling, best friend, young women's leader, etc has ever told be. So sue me. I'm only human.

5. I really want a boyfriend. I want someone to hang out with, go out with, laugh with, cry with, cuddle with, go to social functions/gatherings with. I want someone to find out that I get tan in the summer and freakishly white in the winter. I just want a man who will be my best friend. Is that too much to ask? I swear that there is at least one guy in the Salt Lake Valley who could be this person. Right?

6. I am in love with this quote (that I found on pinterest):

"As you grow up, you will have your heart broken more than once and it's harder every time. You'll break hearts too, so remember how it felt when yours was broken. You'll fight with your best friend. You'll cry because time is passing too fast, and you'll eventually lose someone you love. So take too many pictures. Laugh too much and learn to love like you've never been hurt. Because every sixty seconds you spend upset is a minute of happiness you'll never get back."

Love Always,
Steph

*I know that this post is super jumbled, but hey! I'm a single, 20 year-old girl with a busy schedule and tons of angst towards dating. What better way to unload than in a blog post?!

2 comments:

  1. stephanie! i love you! haha... such a random post. let me tell you something... Just be patient and make sure it is right!! ... Truth is, you do have plenty of time. :) .dont be in such a hurry to grow up! Marraige is FANTASTIC!!!! but its not easy either. ... i know thats not what you want to hear.... but umm... its true! All im sayin, just dont rush into anything. Make sure he is the right person for You! Love you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny, both of those quotes are what my dad told me and you know what? He was absolutely right. If you really want to get married, go ahead and look, but don't get too desperate or too frustrated. Don't waste too much emotional energy on this. The Lord loves you and knows your desires. I've found in my life that the Lord gives us what we really want. It's just a matter of figuring out what that is and having the patience to wait for it.

    ReplyDelete